Have you tried the latest coconut yogurts in the marketplace. There are 2 brands here in Brisbane. One has too many additives and the other is a tad expensive - but delicious!!
Here's a simple way of making your own
COCONUT MILK YOGURT
Makes 1 litre/1 Quart
- 1 litre full cream coconut milk
- 3 Tbs natural yogurt
- 2 tsp gelatin powder (Great Lakes)
- Heat the coconut milk in a heavy pot until the milk reaches 180°F/80°C - the temperature just before boiling point.
- Do not boil coconut milk as it will curdle.
- Keep stirring the milk whilst heating.
- Allow the milk to cool around 115°F/45°C.
- Add the 3 tablespoons of yogurt or the appropriate amount of yogurt starter.
- Mix the gelatin with a little coconut milk before combining with the milk. Stir well.
- Incubate for 24 hours at around 110°F/43°C in a clean oven proof jar or dehydrator and then place in the refrigerator for at least 8 hours to set.
- Stir yogurt to mix in some of the gelatin that may have settled on the bottom.