1 large sweet potato Half small or medium onion
2 pastured eggs
1/2 tbsp coconut flour (where to buy coconut flour)
1/2 tsp salt and pepper
2 tbsp coconut oil (where to buy coconut oil)
1. Shred sweet potato and onion. To make it easier use the shredder on a food processor.
2. Place the sweet potato and onion on a clean kitchen towel and squeeze out the moisture. Set aside still on the towel.
3. In a large bowl whisk eggs, coconut flour, salt and pepper together.
4. After the shredded potato and onion has sat for a few minutes try to squeeze out a little more moisture.
5. Add the sweet potato and onion to the egg mixture and mix well.
6. Heat coconut oil in a cast iron skillet (I used my mini 5 inch cast iron skillet, which is a very handy little skillet to have around). If you use a larger skillet you may need to add more oil because the pancakes have to fry in a good layer of oil.
7. Once oil is hot add small spoonfuls of the mixture to the skillet. Cook for a few minutes on one side until golden brown, then flip and cook the other side.
8. Place on a paper towel after frying to catch excess oil. Serve with sour cream or greek yogurt (I used greek yogurt) and applesauce.