I love Pomegranate. Buy the fresh juice often "POM" which has no added sugars. I use the juice in cheese cakes and have a lovely recipe for pomegranate chutney.
- 1/2 cup red currant jelly
- 1/3 cup finely chopped shallots including tops
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds (from one full pomegranate)
- 1 Tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 Tablespoon minced fresh jalapeno chili pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
Preparation:Put currant jelly in a small saucepan and heat gently until softened. Alternatively place in a 2-cup glass measure. Heat in a microwave oven at full power (100%) until softened, about 20 seconds.
Stir in green onions pomegranate seeds, ginger, jalapeno chili, coriander and lemon juice. Add salt and pepper to taste. Let stand about 15 minutes before serving.
Yield: about one a quarter cups.