Bottles ready for cultured foods and beverages

Bottles ready for cultured foods and beverages
Ten Green Bottles!!

Tuesday 31 July 2012

Fresh Ginger and Turmeric

If you have plenty of fresh ginger and turmeric and don't want it to go off, just place in a freezer bag and keep in freezer. When you want to use, just grate as necessary.

I have lots of home grown turmeric and was fed up with throwing it out. I also buy very expensive organic ginger from the organic markets and a friend made this suggestion.


Ginger and turmeric are two powerful spices that have been used widely throughout history for both culinary and medical purposes. I use them as widely as possible in food preparation and also in my fermented foods. When I make my own Natto, I include grated ginger and it also goes in my Honeygar. Turmeric and ginger are favourites in stir fries as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment